Sunday, July 24, 2011

Friday Five (Goodbye, Harry Potter!) [8]

1. Farewell, Harry Potter - These books helped everyone through tough times in their childhood, adulthood, and simply through those long school days of boredom. They're the kind of books that awaken the desire in you to become something great, to want to know there is more to the world than something mundane...and maybe magic isn't real. Maybe Hogwarts doesn't exist, and maybe Harry Potter didn't save all of humanity from Lord Voldemort. That doesn't mean that in our hearts, it's not there. It's not a figment of our imagination, it is an icon of our lives. The books are the magic.

"Hogwarts will always be there to welcome us home." — J.K. Rowling

2. Eep. I'm really behind again. - I planned to do two chapters a day for the next week or so, which was my first mistake. I always procrastinate. Always. Always. So I'm on Chapter 16/25 with 60,097 words on Draft 5. xD I wanted to be finished by the 28th, my birthday.

3. Farewell, Borders - ._. and every single one of my links to a bookstore that's at least somewhat close by. Now I'm going to have to drive like forty miles to get to a bookstore in a town that I despise. UGH. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted. Even though I don't even have a goddamn clue as to why Borders is closing in the first place. What, bought out by Nook? I'm serious, all of reading-kind is humiliated by the Kindles. Sorry to those who like them. ):

4. Birthday Wish: More Followers - ): I suck at promoting.

5. Song of the Week - Lily's Theme by Alexandre Desplat

The minute I heard this song start playing in the theaters, I leaned over to my mom and whispered, "I'm buying the soundtrack the minute we get home." It played in quite a few places, and I cried. xD I cried three times altogether in this movie. Sad, or heartfelt? Latter. (:
Cry 1: Putting the wards around Hogwarts.
Cry 2: [[[SPOILER]]]Snape's Demise[[[SPOILER]]]
Cry 3: When Harry is walking through the Great Hall, looking at everyone who has fallen.

Anyway, I'll see you all soon (: Later!

---

Listening to: Sulyya Springs - Masashi Hamauzu
Reading: Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa, Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte, Chasing Fire by Nora Roberts
Watching: -
Quote: "Of course it is in your head! But why should that mean it isn't real?" - Albus Dumbledore

No comments:

Post a Comment