Friday, February 24, 2012

Friday Five [I'M BEING RESPONSIBLE!] (17)


1. Pending Reviews: The Iron Knight by Julie Kagawa, Treasure Keeper by Shana Abé, Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia/Margaret Stohl, SWEEP Volume 5 by Cate Tiernan, It's Not Summer Without You by Jenny Han, and We'll Always Have Summer by Jenny Han. I've reread Beautiful Creatures and Iron Knight, just finished Sweep, so I should have those up this weekend.

2. I'm Being Responsible!: So, ever since I got my driver's license, my parents have been nagging me to go look for a job aside from sending out queries for my book. Tonight my friend Whitney and I went to town and got a ton of applications. Totally surreal feeling. I actually feel like an adult, and after filling one out I feel like I could sleep for seven days. Haha.

3. What Else to Say?: My life's been pretty boring as of late. My creativity reserves are pathetic, my schoolwork is pathetic, my level of responsibility is pathetic... Haha. XD

4. A Burial: For English we were given BRAND NEW books for the book Fast Food Nation. I promised my teacher that even though not a lot of other people would take care of it, I would. Whitney and I went out for Chinese tonight. I had the book in my purse. It caught onto the zipper of the wallet. Guess which one lost a part of its cover. ): I was so upset I got home and it was one of the first things I said to them: "I ruined a book!" So I went to the restroom and when I came back into the kitchen the book was sitting on a pillow, inside a shoebox, with a rose sitting on top of it with the letters "RIP" on the top half of the shoebox. Kudos to my dad for the hilarious idea. XD

5. Song of the Week: Kata Tsubasa no Tori [Instrumental/Karaoke] by Shikata Akiko from Umineko no Naku Koro ni.

---

Listening to: The Kingdom Where Nobody Dies - Carter Burwell
Watching: Law and Order: Special Victims
Reading: The Iron Knight by Julie Kagawa; Fast Food Nation by...um insert author here

No comments:

Post a Comment