Saturday, April 2, 2011

New Blog, New Responsibility...

Allow me to introduce myself.

My name is Kendra. I go by many other names. Some friends know me as Kendra, some as Kenny and Kender; some who don't know me as well either call me Ryu or Sadie. All of these names are fine.

The first thing everyone should know is that I am a writer. Maybe I'm an amateur (seeing as I have been for the past five years), but with the recent help of literary agent Kelly Mortimer I'm well on my way, coming upon my evolution from a newbie to... whatever comes after. At least, I sure hope so!

I'll have to do some blog research before I put much down! For now I suppose I can put things about my book's editing process, how the agent hunt is moving along (right now... it's on hold), and my own tips on writing if I have any, book critiques? If I feel like it, I might put some stuff about my book's plot... who knows?

Life's been pretty hard on me lately... it feels like I'm carrying the world on my shoulders, and my patience wears thin. Music is a godsend, however! My friends are there, but lately I just want to be alone. Such a cliché. Enough of my melancholy!

Feel free to post suggestions for posts, questions, comments... to my currently nonexistent crowd.

The reason for my profile names
Kendra503: I like my name, and one of my favorite songs is called "503" off of the Angels and Demons soundtrack. Hans Zimmer = Amazing!
Flame Writer: Maybe it's silly to devote an entire blog to one book series, but the Flame Cycle (hence the name of the url) is my baby. I'll hold it dear forever. (:

Current
Listening to: Dust to Dust - Masashi Hamauzu
Reading: Harry Potter & The Deathly Hallows - J.K. Rowling
Watching: NCIS
Quote: "I'll go through the whole thing, so you'll know how to answer next time. Knock, knock! Who's there? Puck! Puck who? Puck, who will turn you into a squealing pig and stuff you in the oven if you don't get out of our way!" - Puck / The Iron King / Julie Kagawa

No comments:

Post a Comment