Saturday, June 4, 2011

Friday Five! (Oh wait, it's Saturday...)


I know it's Saturday, but I saw this idea and thought it would be really, really cool and a good incentive to keep the blog posts coming, at least one per week... so, yay! Promise they won't be on Saturday anymore. (;

I think one of the constants I'm going to keep for the Friday Five every week is a certain song I've been addicted to. Maybe some other people will listen to it and get book ideas from it. x3 I'm also going to be using more of my smileys more, just because it makes me feel more comfortable. So, off we go!

1. Farewell, Sophomore Year - Last Thursday was the last day of school for me, and finals were hectic. The entire year was hectic, really. But in all, it was a very educational and very uplifting year because I got to hang out with everyone and got along with everybody - and that's a first, I think. Part of the reason this year was so tough was because I was more into my writing than I was my studying! XD But this is one year that, despite how tough it got, it would be one I'll think about a lot.

2. Blue Hair!!! - When school got out my friend Whitney and I headed to get our hair done, picking fun colors to use. She got the entire under-side of her hair purple, and a slice or two in her bangs. I picked out a strand of my hair and had it bleached, then dyed blue - for $18. Is that not a good price for getting it bleached too? However she and I both kind of ... forgot chlorine wasn't a good idea, and went swimming ... so not so much blue or purple now! D:

3. A New Book OMG! - I know this shouldn't be something momentous, but I got a new book and I'm so excited about it! I've got kind of high expectations, but the thing is that why do a lot of book have A Midsummer Night's Dream references anymore? I need to read it really badly I guess... the book is Eyes Like Stars by Lisa Mantchev. I should have a review up within the next week or so.

4. My Mom's Work... - could be its own book. I swear. Whenever she gets home from work, she normally tells my dad and I stuff that's happened during the day. Today took the cake. [My mom works at Wal-Mart.] She was telling us that a customer came in, and a lot of people refused to wait on him. She waited to see what was going on, and when he was getting ready to leave, she got a glimpse as to why: his manhood was ... showing. ...Yeah. Wow. As quoted, "I started laughing at first, but then the more I thought about it, the more disgusted I was."

5. Song of the Week - Run Devil Run - SNSD

It's been a while since I've listened to Korean tunes. This is the first pop one I've listened to, though - I don't know what it is about this song! I was listening to Ke$ha, and she has a version of this, so I listened to it then I listened to the regular song and I loooved it! This isn't so much of an idealistic song, but I love it! In fact, I'm listening to it right now.

I've got another blog idea I could do weekly - or maybe monthly, because I don't have enough characters for it unless I were to go into ideas I haven't widened on as much... but I'm planning on something called "I Hacked My Writer's Blog!" More details later [meaning if I decide to do it, you'll see the post! (: ].

See ya!!

---

Listening to: Run Devil Run - SNSD
Reading: Eldest - Christopher Paolini
Watching: Gran Torino
Quote: "You give more of yourself when you have an opponent." - Oromis/Saphira | Eldest | Christopher Paolini

No comments:

Post a Comment