Monday, September 5, 2011

Friday Five (Witness) [12]

1. Books, Books, Books - I've been thinking about it, and I have read more books in the past month than I have for probably the last year. It's a nice feeling, knowing how many stories I'm taking in and knowing almost all of them will stay with me for a long, long time. But the only thing is I have sooo many books to review. ): Oh well; it's always cool. Which leads to...

2. Madeleine Rex [Wordbird]'s Blog Post - Business in a Personal World - I always feel sort of bad after I make a review that I don't feel like I've done well on. Particularly ones that I have negative things to say about, such as my recent reviews of Wither or Fallen. I don't want to mean offense AT ALL when I make reviews for books I didn't like as much as I'd hoped, and I know how easily it is for a writer to take offense at something like that. So I'd kind of like to say now I never have and never will mean to hurt anyone who reads my blog posts, and if I have or ever do, I apologize from the bottom of my heart. Kudos to Wordbird for making a blog post devoted to this - it's something that doesn't seem all that acknowledged!

3. The London Riots - These happened a while ago, but I got to go over them and read a few articles around them in my current events class, and... what the heck? I could hardly believe what I was reading. I pity our world sometimes, truly I do. It's amazing how something so small as boredom can finally light the fuse that has been waiting for a while. I feel sorry for all the kids and people alike in London. From the articles I read, it makes me feel as though the kids have been oppressed and finally led up to this. But the people who have suffered due to these events acquire much more sympathy. I guess I mention this just because it's something that stuck with me for a little more than a week, and it just makes me kind of half sad, half awed.

4. Battle in the English Classroom - Not as dramatic as the fancy title as I gave it. My school had a field trip last Wednesday for those who take agriculture classes, and I suppose that a few people brought illegal items along with them and 'smoked' them on the bus. Two people were narrowed down as who told the teacher who had done it, and many people chose one of the kids in my class. We came into our English class and were waiting for class to start when a conversation began, very brief, and then suddenly someone was running across the room to the 'rat'. His brother got into it, and so did someone else who just didn't need involved. Three or four teachers had to come into it, and the whole event really sort of freaked me out. I've really been trying to avoid names just in case, so; yeah. I know it's vague, and I apologize for that; but I'm sure you get the gist. (;

5. Song of the Week - Kingdom Dance by Alan Menken "Tangled"

Love this song! I love the medieval feeling it gives, and it's just so innocent and catchy. The entire scene of the movie this plays for just makes me want to go back and participate in one of those dances (though I doubt there was EVER any point in history that happy/peaceful). It's a really magical song, and I love it! (:

---

Listening to: Kingdom Dance - Alan Menken
Reading: The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
Watching: Conan, I guess. I haven't changed the channel yet.
Quote: "Nuclear catastrophe was hanging by a thread...and we weren't counting days or hours, but minutes." - Anatoly Gribkov during the Cuban Missile Crisis

No comments:

Post a Comment