Saturday, July 9, 2011

Friday Five (THE IRON KNIGHT! OMG!) [6]

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
*explosion*

1. THE IRON KNIGGGGGGHT! - Obviously I'm very spazzy about this. Why? Have you seen the book cover? Holy CRAP! GO LOOK
http://images4.fanpop.com/imag​e/photos/22600000/The-Iron-Kni​ght-cover-1-the-iron-fey-serie​s-22604587  AAAAH. Okay, I'll turn off caps lock now. But, I love the Iron Fey series. Julie Kagawa pitched her way up to one of my favorite authors only a little after I started The Iron King back in February. So, this is released October 25th and she's releasing ARCs before that and I REALLY wish I could have one (I would make a really good review! D: ) but I doubt my blog is like, importantenoughlol. But oh well. I have to wait because if I say "I CAN'T WAIT OR I'LL DIE" that wouldn't work because I'd die, and I'd never get to read it...wow I'm being really stupid. I'll stop now. (:
 
Oh, also. Ash is yummy.
 
2. My Mind is a Sahara Desert - I opened EVERY. SINGLE. WORD. DOCUMENT. I own. And I looked through them to try and decide one to write in. I have not written a single word. I've tried a ton of stuff to get my creativity back up but nothing working. D: So next week I'm staying offline like, ALL WEEK long and gonna try to find something to get it back up. And hopefully I'll finish editing.
 
3. Can you guys help me? Pleaaase? - Book 3. 80,000 words so far [Yeah, by the time this novel is done I'm going to have like 250,000 words and gonna have to trim like 120,000 of it off lol]. Big plot twist coming up. 2 characters have this thing called "darkness" that's like the demon on their left shoulder, tempting them to do horrible things. Character 1 has had it for a year, character 2 has had it for a few days. Though character 1 has only had a few attacks throughout the book, character 2 has had nine. That's a lot by my standards. I don't know how anyone would be able to help without me giving out the context, but I was wondering if anyone could give me ideas on how to omit some of these 'darkness attacks'. It's just a really big complication and I'm not sure how to go about it.
 
4. Writing Contest Entry Sent! - I finished the short story and I've gotten everything together, and hopefully tomorrow I'll have it sent. I feel pretty confident, but of course there's gonna be like a million people in this contest and it's probably empty confidence that'll be crushed like a glass heart being crushed in a villain's fingers. So, we'll see. (: Results at the end of August.
 
5. Song of the Week - The Legend Comes to Life - Pokémon 2000: The Power of One
 
Yes, I know. Yes. It's Pokémon. But it's such an inspirational song, and it's so nostalgic that I can't help but love it. It's just a song I suddenly heard while skimming YouTube and I was like "Omg. iTunes. Now." So...hm, there's not much else to say about it...love this song. (:
 
In other news, I'm starting another weekly thing called "Tuesday Trends" soon.
 
And oh hey I finished a book holy crap. Review will be up soon, probably tomorrow. (; See ya~
 
---
 
Reading: The Iron Daughter - Julie Kagawa; Wuthering Heights - Emily Bronte
Watching: ...Apparently paid programming
Listening to: Devil's Fanfare - X-Ray Dog
Quote: "I threw my head back and laughed, and it turned into a ragged scream as I wrenched myself awake." —Meghan Chase | The Iron Daughter | Julie Kagawa

No comments:

Post a Comment