Tuesday, July 19, 2011

A Little Encouragement For You!



I recently found an old book of mine that I like looking through once in a while: A Light in the Attic by Shel Silverstein. I read all of the poems in it when I was younger but didn't really understand them; now that I do they're like an entire other meaning. They're not just pretty little poems, a lot of them have meaning.

I found one that I really wanted to share, and it made me feel really good about what I do by writing and creating other worlds for people to look into. So, I've decided two things. I'll write down this poem today, and then every other Sunday, I'm going to have a "Silverstein Sunday" and post a poem by him that I really like. I hope you like this one as much as I do!


THIS BRIDGE by SHEL SILVERSTEIN
"This bridge will only take you halfway there

To those mysterious lands you long to see:

Through gypsy camps and swirling Arab fairs

And moonlit woods where unicorns run free.

So come and walk awhile with me and share

The twisting trails and wondrous worlds I've known.

But this bridge will only take you halfway there—

The last few steps you'll have to take alone."

I couldn't figure out the damn quote setting, if there's supposed to be quote symbols or not so I'm just leaving it at that. ): Anyway, I hope this gives you as much happiness as it did for me!

---

Reading: See post prior? Blaaaah
Listening to: ...Mickey Mouse House Club March...don't ask...
Watching: A video game.
Quote: See above! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment