Friday, July 29, 2011

Friday Five (Sweet Sixteen) [9]

Well, yesterday was AWESOME!!

1. I wake up. - The anxiety was killer. I paced around the house, cranked my iPod up, and tried to calm the hell down before my driver's test. Downstairs there were banners all over the house marking my new age, and my mom teased, "How old are you, again?" We left for the driver's ed place and I was allowed to crank up my own music in the car stereo to calm down. Once we got there we ended up waiting for fifteen minutes to straighten some things out before I went to take the test.

2. And...I passed! - In general, the test was nothing to worry about! I only did some stuff that she warned me about, but otherwise I did it! TAKE THAT, DRIVER'S ED TEACHER. Yeah, he didn't have much confidence for me. xD We went back and took my picture, got my new card, and I texted my friend: "I ran a stop sign. I left a black mark. Then I caused a pileup on the square." She texted back, "OMG YOU FREAKED OUT!" I had to tell her two texts later that I was kidding. (:

3. Gifts and Books and Awesomeness Car - I took a nap and came downstairs to open my gifts. Of course there were books, thank God! I got WITHER by Lauren DeStefano, TORMENT by Lauren Kate, and I AM THE MESSENGER by Markus Zusak. Audrey [holes In My brain] helped me decide which to read next, so Markus Zusak's epic writing skills are sure to amaze me once again. X3 The final present was in a jewelry box. Puzzled, I opened it, and saw an old set of car keys. I now own a silver 2001 Pontiac Sunfire!!!!!!!!!!! [yes, the exclamation points are necessary!]

4. International Buddies - Two of my friends sent me their presents for my birthday. From one I received a gemsbok jaw with a feather stringed into it, foxes painted on the side, and a fox tooth glued on. I'm in love with it, despite how strange it might seem! From my other one—she really surprised me! From her I received a book about dreams, because I talk about them all the time! I also received some chocolate espresso beans [I don't like coffee so much, these are so much better (; ] and a $15 iTunes gift card. Very awesome!

 5. Song of the Week - Fighting Fate by Masashi Hamauzu

This song is one of the strangest I listen to, but I love it. Also, I'm going to attempt to learn it for piano. ...Oh boy. LOL! It's also known as a boss battle in one of my own books... (;

Later~! Oh btw, did you know I'm sixteen now? Naaah, course not X3

---

Reading: The Iron Queen - Julie Kagawa
Watching: The Sorcerer's Apprentice
Listening to: Will to Fight - Masashi Hamauzu
Quote: "This is a short book because most books about writing are filled with bullshit." — Stephen King's On Writing

No comments:

Post a Comment